Glenisk is Ireland’s largest manufacturer of branded yogurt – an award winning business that produces world-class, innovative dairy products with specific health benefits for our customers. Committed to sustainability in all its forms, we prioritise organic agriculture in our sourcing policies. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
Glenisk, Newtown, Killeigh, Co. Offaly
We are looking for an experienced food technologist to join our Technical & Quality team. You will effectively research and develop new yogurt and dairy based products and improve the quality of existing products. You will also develop and improve the processing, packaging, storage, and safety of food in line with government and industry standards. The position is full-time.
Salary will depend on experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- New Product Development – make up NPD samples and dispatch to customers / internal team. Complete relevant section of NPD tracker.
- Customer Complaints – Co-ordinate the investigation of customer complaints. Trend complaints and communicate to the business. Track complaints against the site complaint target.
- Packaging Labelling / Artwork Approval – ensure compliance to latest food regulations. Work up all labelling information for packaging and approve artwork for printing.
- Non-conformances – Issue non-conformances to site team / suppliers and close out issues with suitable corrective actions.
- Customer Specifications - Ensure specifications and questionnaires are accurately completed in a timely manner and all customer queries are competently answered.
- Internal Audits - Carry out, document and close out internal audits as required.
- Supplier Approval – Ensure up to date documentation is in place for all suppliers.
- Food Safety team member – contribute to the continuous improvement of Site Food Safety & Quality Standards.
- BRC / Customer Standards / Department of Agriculture - Ensure site achieves BRC Grade A Standard and Green status for all customer / third party audits.
- Documentation – ensure all department documents are up to date, accurate and suitably filed.
- Nutritional Analysis – Arrange analysis of products for pack labelling to ensure legal compliance.
- Calibration – Ensure calibration schedule is delivered on time and documentation is current.
- Food Waste Management – contact person for waste collections.
- Fruit Quality – contact person for non-conformances, rejections & quality improvements.
- Employee Training – Carry out food safety and hygiene training
- Health & Safety – Assist in ensuring health and safety standards on site meet legal and business requirements.
The successful candidate must have the following education, skills and experience:
A food-related degree is essential for this area of work. The following subjects in particular are relevant:
- food, nutrition and health;
- food safety and quality management;
- food science/technology.
You will need to show:
- a genuine interest in science and how it is applied to food;
- high standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- leadership qualities;
- people and teamworking skills;
- a flexible approach to working;
- numeracy and problem-solving skills;
- time management and organisational skills;
- an awareness of the consumer market.
A minimum of two years of experience in a similar role is required.
Please apply with CV, to Seamus O’Shea, Technical & Quality Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.