Job Title: Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical and Electrical)
Location: Glenisk, Killeigh, Co Offaly
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and committed maintenance engineer to develop a career with one of Ireland’s fastest growing grocery brands.
Duration:This is initially a six month contract, starting from May 2017. There is potential for the role to become permanent at the end of six months, subject to the successful candidate’s performance.
The Role: Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer is part of a team of professionals at Glenisk who perform a critical role - supporting the business’s standards of excellence in the delivery of quality products, manufactured in the safest environment and produced in the most sustainable manner.
- Both proactive and reactive maintenance of mechanical and electrical machinery:
- Troubleshooting machine issues safely and rapidly to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Identifying potential problems before they manifest to avoid future issues.
- Carry out minor electrical and mechanical installations regardless of bias(electrical or mechanical)
- Routine servicing of machines.
- Documentation of all jobs and maintenance of detailed, accurate and up to date service history records
- Strict adherence to safety standards
- Assisting colleagues within production and across disciplines to ensure the timely delivery of services.
- Assisting with the commissioning of new equipment and projects.
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good housekeeping.
Qualification in Maintenance Engineering or a related field. Qualified trades persons with industrial experience will also be considered.
Experience in electrical, mechanical and refrigeration maintenance.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Self-Motivated, ability to problem solve and repair as an individual.
Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining is desirable.
Working Week: The working week is typically 40 hours. Flexibility in this regard is essential.
The successful candidate will be fanatical about quality and demonstrate a real desire to achieve excellent standards, with a focus on continuous improvement. He or she will be organized and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with evident attention to detail and an ability to document work. The ability to operate well under pressure is essential. He or she must also be able to work on his or her own initiative or as part of a larger team, showing good communications and interpersonal skills.
Full, clean driver’s license is required.
This is a salaried position and remuneration will be dependent on experience.
A six month contract will be awarded, subject to review at the end of that probation period.
Please apply with cover letter and CV to:
William Kirwan, Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org