Glenisk Irish Rugby Kids Survey
With the country in the throes of Natwest 6 Nations fever, we ran a survey with rugby-mad Irish boys and girls to reveal their thoughts ahead of the business end of the tournament.
- Wales came out on top as the children's favourite team (after Ireland of course) with 30% of the votes. However, it seems there is stil no love lost with our neighbour England, who received a whopping 81% of the votes to be selected as the team they would most like to see Joe Schmidt's side beat.
- Ireland fans chose Niamh Briggs as their top favourite Irish Womens player. Johnny Sexton was named as the childrens' favourite Irish back while CJ Stander was revealed as their favourite Irish forward.
- Sexton proved very popular throughout the survey beating off stiff competition to be named as the number 1 player Irish girls and boys would like to meet and the player they would like to be coached by. Conor Murray came runner-up in both polls.
- The recently retired Paul O’Connell and Irish coach Joe Schmidt were in joint position at 38% a-piece in a vote to decide which current coach kids would most like to be the mentor of their side. Ronan O’Gara polled third.
- As we know, Irish supporters are very vocal when supporting our Irish Rugby teams. Ireland’s Call is the favourite song that children like to sing at Ireland matches. It received a whopping 63% of the votes, way ahead of Amhrán Na bhFhiann (20%) and The Fields of Athenry (15%).
- Irish MMA superstar Conor McGregor (20%) managed to shrug off the challenge of Robbie Keane (18%) and Niall Horan (14%) to be chosen as the celebrity that Irish families would most like to watch a NatWest 6 Nations game with.
What did the parents say?
- Johnny Sexton received 36% of the parents’ vote for favourite current player. Brian O’Driscoll beat Munster rivals Paul O’Connell and Ronan O’Gara as the parents’ favourite past player.
Glenisk exclusive Irish Rugby trading cards
Irish Rugby Fans can collect exclusive Irish Trading Cards in packs of Glenisk Organic GO-YO Yogurt Tubes. Each pack contains 3 cards featuring Irish Rugby heroes from both the men’s and women’s senior squads with 65 to collect
Sign up for your free Irish Rugby Trading Pack which includes an Official Irish Rugby Trading Album, Trading Cards and free GO-YOs voucher.