500 ml Buttermilk 500g
200g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp of Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Mix the flour, salt and soda thoroughly in a large jug.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and half buttermilk.
3. Whisk with a hand whisk or electric whisk starting at the centre and incorporating the flour gradually, finally add the remaining butter milk and whisk well.
4. Heat a flat non stick pan over a medium heat – if heat is too high pancakes with be burnt on outside and raw in middle.
5. Pour batter in and allow mixture to settle itself do not shake or swirl the pan. Do not make the pancakes too large as they are difficult then to turnover without breaking.
6. You can make baby pancakes by just pouring small amounts around the pan leaving space between each as they will expand a bit.
7. Wait until you see a few bubbles showing on the surface before turning over and allowing to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8. As the pancakes cook stack up on a plate and keep warm in a low oven.
9. Serve with berries, fruit compote, jam, honey, agave of maple syrup with a big dollop of Glenisk Organic Natural Yogurt.