baked squash eggs with spiced yogurt
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large handful kale, de-stemmed and roughly torn
- 10 eggs
- 3 tbsp Glenisk natural 0% fat Irish strained protein yogurt
- To serve: Glenisk natural 0% fat Irish strained protein yogurt mixed with paprika
- Preheat an oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes and butternut squash to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tamari sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and spread evenly in the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Return the pan to the heat and heat another teaspoon of oil.
- Add the garlic and kale and fry for 2-3 minutes until the kale wilts a little. Spread the kale mix over the butternut squash and tomatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and yogurt together before pouring into the ovenproof dish. Give the dish a swirl to get an even egg coating.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
- For the spiced yogurt sauce: whisk together the yogurt, paprika and lemon juice until well combined.
- Remove to a plate and drizzle over the sauce to serve.
get the scoop
sign up to learn more about what’s new and get a free pot of yogurt!